G.I. Bill Information

The IFPS is an approved organization by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) to provide reimbursement for certification test fees.  If you are eligible, the VA can reimburse you for taking IFPS approved certification tests.  

You may be eligible if you qualify for any of the following:
•    Montgomery GI Bill (MGIB)
•    Montgomery GI Bill Selected Reserves (MGIB-SR) (Public Law 109-163 enacted January 6, 2006)
•    Reserve Education Assistance Program (REAP) (Public Law 109-163 enacted January 6, 2006)
•    Veterans Educational Assistance (VEAP)
•    Dependents Educational Assistance (DEA)

What Do I Have to Do?

Step 1   Apply for education benefits.  If you’ve previously applied for education benefits, you do not need to apply again.  Go to Step 2.  

    If you’ve never applied before, you can complete and submit your application online

Step 2:     Apply for reimbursement.  If you have applied for and are eligible for education benefits, you can apply for reimbursement of a test by sending the VA a reimbursement request form. To apply for reimbursement for a certification test click here.

Generally, requests must be received within one year of the test date.  If you have taken a test within the last year, and need a copy of your receipt, please contact the IFPS at ifps@ifps.org.

What IFPS Certification Tests are Approved?

Currently, the following IFPS certification tests are approved:

•    Industrial Hydraulic Technician
•    Mobile Hydraulic Technician
•    Pneumatic Technician
•    Industrial Hydraulic Mechanic
•    Mobile Hydraulic Mechanic
•    Pneumatic Mechanic
•    Hydraulic Specialist
•    Pneumatic Specialist

As more certification tests are approved, the above list will be updated.

How Much Can I Receive?

You can receive reimbursement of up to $2,000 per test, but not more than the VA approved cost of the test.  You may receive benefits to retake a test you didn’t pass.

You must be eligible for benefits in order to receive test reimbursement.  Your total months of benefits will be reduced each time you receive reimbursement for a certification test.

Who Can I Contact if I Have Questions?

If you have questions about certification reimbursement, or applying for benefits, you can:

•    Go to the VA site: www.GIBILL.va.gov, and click on “Support”
•    Call the VA at 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551), or for the hearing-impaired call 1-800-829-4833